GYUKATSU MOTOMURA

 

Gyukatsu Motomura
 〒101-0021 Tokyo, Chiyoda City, Sotokanda, 1 Chome−15−18 

One of the Japanese foods that foreigners like is "gyukatsu" or "beef katsu." Gyukatsu is a deep-fried beef cutlet that is traditionally made with wagyu beef. The cutlet is seasoned, coated in breadcrumbs and fried until crispy. The best part about gyukatsu is that you can grill the meat again to your liking on the hibachi provided with your meal.
The place to eat that I want to try in Japan is Gyukatsu Motomura Akihabara branch. I saw the photos on Instagram and it made my mouth water so I wanted to try it! When I arrived, there was a queue of 3-4 people and I waited around 15-20 minutes before finally being able to go in and enjoy the Beef Cutlet set.

 


There is only 1 type on the menu, namely the Beef Cutlet Set with price variants from 1300JPY – 2200JPY. I ordered the Beef Cutlet Set for 1300JPY with 130 gr of meat.
When I got seated, there was a bin in front of me to place my belongings and the waiter hung my coat. About 5 minutes after I were seated, my entree was ready.
Beef coated in katsu style flour. However, the beef inside is still raw with a really beautiful red color.


The way to eat it is also easy, just put the meat on the grill for a moment, just a few seconds, then you can eat it straight away, or dip it in the sauce provided. It feels like ? The meat is tender and melts in the mouth. For those who don't like raw/medium meat, you can grill it longer until cooked. Everything can be arranged according to individual tastes. I also tried eating meat straight away without grilling it and it also tasted delicious.



The entree comes with cabbage, potato salad, rice, miso soup and various sauces. The steak katsu is cut into pieces and you cook each piece to your liking on a little grill in front of you. There are three ways to eat your steak katsu: 1) with wasabi and soy sauce 2) with horseradish or 3) with rock salt. 
I tried all three ways and they were all fantastic. The steak katsu itself is heavenly. Each piece just melts in your mouth and it’s so darn good. For the rice, you can pour the tororo (grated yam) over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop your question here. Thank you! 😊

Instagram