MORNING AT KöLN, GERMANY

by - 8:00 PM

 

Finally I arrived at Cologne (Köln), Germany after extending a few days before in another country. I was a little surprised by Germany, after visiting Italy and Switzerland, I felt the German vibe was stiff and cold, but still the buildings here attract my attention.




I don't go around the city of Cologne too much because I don't have enough time between working and exploring the city. Luckily, the office I was going to was not far from one of the main tourist attractions in Cologne, namely the Cologne Cathedral.






The architecture of Germany has a long, rich and diverse history. Every major European style from Roman to Postmodern is represented, including renowned examples of Carolingian, Romanesque, Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Modern and International Style architecture.




In the cities, a blend of Gothic and Romanesque sits happily alongside Bauhaus, Modernist, and Contemporary buildings. The Bauhaus architecture style is a modernist design movement that originated in Germany during the early 20th century. It is characterized by its emphasis on functionality, minimalism, and the integration of art, craft, and technology.



You May Also Like

0 comments

Drop your question here. Thank you! 😊

My Travel Map

My Travel Map